- Sridevi was highest paid superstar and was getting 50 to 60 lakhs per film. Though Box office India mentions 30 lakhs because of this data is from distributor analysis, but as per book keeping records of the producers, Sridevi was paid 50 to 60 Lakhs.
2.Madhuri Dixit on the other hand was paid Rs. 30 to 45 lakhs per film. But on Box Office, Madhuri was number one actress due to constant hits and blockbusters each year like Saajan, Dil, Beta, and Khalnayak. Madhuri Dixit became the first actress to charge 1crore for Anjaam. Madhuri was paid Rs. 2.7 Crore for the film “Hum Aapke Hain Koun!”. Hence, she became highest paid movie star of the Bollywood.
3. There came another young actress that was real threat to both Sridevi and Madhuri, she was none other than “Divya Bharti“, She thundered complete Bollywood with constant hits like Deewana, Shola Aur Shabnam. She had been paid from 20 to 30 lakhs per film. Sudden demise of her had ended this story.
4.Juhi Chawla, from 1990 to 1992, was charging static amount. She was paid Rs. 10 lakhs per film. But year 1993 made her superstar due to hits like Darr, Hum Hain Rahi Pyar Ke and Lootere which had increased her fees to 20 lakhs.
5.Meenakshi Sheshadri was among top actresses in 1980, but her career was declined in 1990s but her major hit like Damini put her in the league in which she was paid 15 lakhs.
6.Karishma(Karisma) Kapoor also came into top league when Raja Hindustani took nation by storm. She was also getting almost Rs 50 to 70 lakhs per film.
7.Manisha Koirala’s Love Story 42 in 1994, Akele Hum Akele Tum in 1995 and Khamoshi in 1996 made Koirala an overnight star but her fee was Rs. 30 Lakhs.
8. Raveena Tandon emerges as a star with two hit films Mohra and Dilwale. Though her rumination was approximately Rs 25 lakhs.
9. Kajol – On the other hand there was a tough competition between Karishma and Kajol. In 1998, with instant hit films Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Pyaar To Hona Hi Tha and Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya and in 1999, Karisma Kapoor delivers 4 successes including big hit Biwi No1 made both of them second highest paid female superstars. They both were paid Rs 1 crore per film .
10. Ashwariya Rai became third highest and got Rs 60 Lakhs per film after the super success of Hum Dil De Chuke Sanam.
11.Preity Zinta and Rani Mukherjee‘s acting talent made them fourth highest paid female superstar as such they were paid the amount of Rs 30 lakhs per film in films like KKHH, Kya Kehna and Mission Kashmir.