For power users, the default Windows experience is insufficient. How to install Microsoft PowerToys for increased productivity is provided here.
Microsoft PowerToys is a group of productivity tools that raise the bar for your Windows experience. Awesome features included in this software bundle include FancyZones for creating unique window layouts, Power Rename for renaming files in bulk, and the Shortcut Guide for quick access to Windows key shortcuts.
You must have Microsoft PowerToys installed on your PC in order to use these capabilities. Let’s examine the several methods for installing it on your Windows PC and go over each one in detail.
1. Obtain Microsoft PowerToys from the Microsoft Store and install them.
An online store called Microsoft Store is pre-installed with Windows. In one location, it provides a wide selection of both free and paid apps, games, and even device upgrades. This places all the resources Windows users require under one roof.
Observe these procedures to install Microsoft PowerToys from the Microsoft Store:
- In the search box, press Win + Q and enter “Microsoft Store.”
- Select the Microsoft Store icon from the list of search results.
- Look up PowerToys using the Microsoft Store page’s search bar. A thorough description of the software package will be given on the next page. Before continue, please read everything thoroughly.
- Click Install to start the downloading and installation procedure if you’re happy. The procedure could take a little while.
Open the Microsoft PowerToys programme from the Start menu when installation is finished. Every function is available and usable.
2. Installing Microsoft PowerToys through GitHub
You may alternatively download and set up Microsoft PowerToys from the GitHub website if you don’t have access to the Microsoft Store.
Follow these steps to install Microsoft PowerToy from GitHub:
- Go to the Releases section on the official Microsoft PowerToys GitHub website. The right side of the page is often where it is.
- Select the most recent stable version from the Releases section. The term Latest should be placed next to it, and it should be at the top.
Now search for a file with the name PowerToysSetup-0.##.#-x64.exe. The version number is shown here by the #. To begin the download, click on this document. After that, click twice on the folder in your downloads directory. The installation procedure will begin as a result.
You could get a popup asking for authorization to modify your device. Select Yes to proceed. Next, the setup wizard will launch. Here, according to the installation instructions. Usually, all you have to do is click Next a few times before installing.
You’ll be asked to complete and quit the setup when the installation is finished. To finish, click. The terms and conditions, installation location, and whether or not you want a shortcut to be made may all be requested of you.
After completing the aforementioned steps, you may visit Microsoft PowerToys from the Start menu or, if you made a shortcut, from that location.
3. Put Microsoft PowerToys into use. Using the Command Prompt
It’s possible that this is the quickest and most effective method to install Microsoft PowerToys if you are familiar with the command prompt.
Use the Command Prompt to install Microsoft PowerToys by doing the following steps:
- Launch the Run dialogue.
- In order to launch the Command Prompt with administrator rights, type cmd into the text field and hit Ctrl + Shift + Enter.
- Select Yes to continue if the User Account Control popup opens.
- The Command Prompt window should now display the following command:
- Now press Enter to carry out the instruction. Microsoft PowerToys will be downloaded and set up as a result.
Be patient; the procedure might take a few minutes. When it’s done, Microsoft PowerToys will appear in your Start Menu.
Easy Microsoft PowerToys Download for Windows
You’ve learned how to set up Microsoft PowerToys on Windows if you’ve read this far. The Microsoft Store version should be used first because it is the easiest to use and least complex.
Whichever approach you go with, we hope you find this manual useful. Enjoy using Microsoft PowerToys to personalize your Windows experience.
See More: click here