These unforeseen characteristics might make crossing things off your to-do list much simpler. for Top 7 iPhone Tricks to Increase Productivity
If you use an iPhone, you are aware that it can be both the tool we need for our tasks and the one that prevents us from doing any work.
Some features help you get the most out of utilizing an iPhone while keeping your attention on the task at hand. Professionals and productivity gurus shared with HuffPost their favorite time-saving tips and tools.
Try it on your own:
1. Set Do Not Disturb too on.
The iPhone’s Do Not Disturb setting is Anna Dearmon Cornick, a time management expert, the preferred method for preventing notification interruptions. She added that I adore it since my laptop notifications will included when I set my iPhone to Do Not Disturb.
It differs from Aeroplan Mode in that you may still receive certain alerts, unlike Aeroplan Mode, which prevents your phone from connecting to cellular or Wi-Fi networks, she added.
“I’ve noticed that a lot of productivity experts recommend putting your phone in Aeroplan Mode while you work, putting your phone in another room, or locking it in a drawer,” added the woman. Aeroplan Mode or entirely disconnecting from the internet is not an option for me as a creche parent of two young children since I must be reachable in an emergency. You may accept alerts from specified contacts or applications inside the Do Not Disturb settings, allowing the girls’ creche to contact me even when I’m in Do Not Disturb mode.
Activating Do Not Disturb
- Select Focus from the Settings menu.
- Select Don’t Disturb. You may then decide whether to accept alerts from particular persons or applications.
2. Add useful reminders about the individuals you meet in Contacts’ additional fields.
Try entering those facts along with their contact information if you forget specifics about the individuals, you meet and network with.
“You may automatically save phone numbers and email addresses in your Contacts app, but take things a step further and utilize more information fields in Contacts,” advised productivity expert and time-management coach Roshelle Islip.
She stated that you may include details on contacts’ birthdays, anniversaries, significant events, relatives, and coworkers. You may add pronunciation fields, make your labels, and make notes. Once information is add, it is available for future reference with ease.
To provide Contacts with additional information:
- Click the phone icon, select Contacts, and then select a contact entry.
- After that, choose Edit. You can enter information in the choose box and your birthdate, URL, and email fields.
3. Scan papers with the Notes app.
According to Laura Vander am, author of ” Getting Calm by Tuesday: 9 Ways to Control the Chaos and Make Time for What Matters,” “If you have to send in a lot of signed/filled out documents like camp registration or school permission forms, and these organizations don’t generally use electronic signatures, then the Notes function on an iPhone can save you a tone of time.”
According to her, it turns your scan into a PDF, which you may send directly to the recipient. Besides that, avoiding using your phone as much as possible is the best productivity app.
Your phone may be used to scan documents:
- Launch Notes and choose an existing note or start a new one.
- In Notes, tap the camera icon, then hold your paper up to the camera so it can scan it.
- If your document is set to Auto Mode. It will scan automatically. However, you might need to manually take a scan by hitting the Shutter button.
4. Establish Reminders.
According to Harley Vasquez, the career coach uses an iOS device’s default Reminders app for social workers headquartered in New Jersey.
She added that you may have peace of mind knowing critical chores, appointments, and deadlines won’t be forgotten or neglected by establishing and setting up reminders. These reminders also keep you organized and focused, enabling you to lay the groundwork for taking the required breaks and avoiding burnout.
Setting up Reminders
- Select New Reminder from the Reminders app.
- Type the information you wish to remember in the Title and Notes sections.
- Tap the Date and Time button to specify due dates for your reminder. If you wish to include a photo with your reminder, tap the Photos icon.
- If Location Services is enabled, you may select whether you wish to be alerted when you enter or leave a boundary region and get location-based reminders.
5. Switch to Focus mode.
I use the Focus mode, which lets me silence messages and reduces distractions to preserve my energy and time, said Vasquez.
To activate Focus:
- Select Focus under Settings.
- Decide on your area of Focus, such as Personal, Sleep, or Work. You may then choose how to accept or quiet alerts from specific persons and applications during particular times.
6. Establish app limitations.
Try establishing app limitations, suggests productivity guru Simply Y if you see yourself routinely browsing social media or checking emails when you should be working.
In reality, he was delayed, but he discovered that continual email. Social media scrolling fooled his brain into thinking he was busy and content. “Restricting app access switches the switch, making me suffer through discomfort and boredom. The actual job is done.
For instance, Y mentioned that he limits his access to email to only a few hours each day. He said I do more in those two hours of email than I would in a day with no limits.
Limits for apps can be configure as follows:
- Select Add Limit under Screen Time under Settings.
- From there, you can establish daily time restrictions for subcategories of apps like “social” or certain websites.
7. Disable the Raise to Wake function.
Have you ever observed that the lock screen instantly comes on when you pick up your iPhone? The Raise to Wake feature is what’s known as that.
According to Y, the productivity expert, turning off the Raise to Wake function has made it a little tougher for him to be drawn into habitually using his phone, which has helped him cut down on distractions.
How to turn off Raise to Wake:
- Select Display & Brightness under Settings.
- Toggle the setting on or off by tapping Raise to Wake.
Also Read click here